lighting for 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeinvb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 10 gallon reef tank setup been going for about 5 months, all chemicals are dandy, had a low ph outbreak but used a buffer and now im back at 8.3, I have a few types of small to medium button polyps, some fan filter feeders, a medium sized mushroom polyp and a small bubble tipped anemone. i was wondering how much wattage i should need for it and what type of lighting is best? i currently have just a 17 watt regular fluorescent bulb i bought from my local pet store with the top and fixture as one. Is this light cool and will it provide enough of what my tank needs.

It wont be enough. Esp. for an anenome. Some PC lighting should be OK for a ten gallon tank.

help with 10 gallon lighting

i have a 10 gallon reef tank setup been going for about 5 months, all chemicals are dandy, had a low ph outbreak but used a buffer and now im back at 8.3, I have a few types of small to medium button polyps, some fan filter feeders, a medium sized mushroom polyp and a small bubble tipped anemone. i was wondering how much wattage i should need for it and what type of lighting is best? i currently have just a 17 watt regular fluorescent bulb i bought from my local pet store with the top and fixture as one. Is this light cool and will it provide enough of what my tank needs
user_online.gif

a good PC set up would work for those corals if you are short on cash. If it were my tank i would grab a JBJ Viper or Current USA sunpod 70 watt MH pendant.

Back
Top Bottom