Lighting for a Bowfront Corner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
WHat kind of lighting would be needed for a bowfront corner tank?

Normal strip light owuldnt cover enough area I don't think.

Dimensions are 34.5x34.5x25

pendant metal halide are very nice but expensive. I got one used from where I work but it kicks :wink:

What will you be putting in the tank. Other lighting options include a couple PC bulbs. A shorter one for the front and a longer one for the back of the tank.

Not too sure yet what is going in the tank, I'm leaning towards some tangs or maybe a small angel. Im still up in the air though, too much to choose from right now.

I was meaning more like what kinds of corals if any. If you plan a fish only tank with no corals then lighting becomes alot easier.

For a FO tank I would go with a 96W 50/50 bulb in the back and a 55/65W 50/50 bulb in the front.

Well the lighting should be purchased around some of the 'must have' corals on your list. If you purchase lighting first you face the potental of not being able to support some of your 'must have's' or having to replace the lighting down the road for more powerful lights.

Back
Top Bottom