Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put a 16" FugeRay over a 5.5 gallon planted tank after a 10w floodlight burned them. They're actually wonderful for growing freshwater plants in a shallow tank but they're no match for a floodlight. The 10 watt models are so small. I can't imagine how a refugium that can get a pump in and out couldn't fit one but if it can't you can try the FugeRay or the Ray 2. Lots of planted tank owners use them to grow tons of plants.

The area above the Fuge is a tight fit between the top of the tank and the bottom of the stand, if that makes sense. I have around 4 inches of clearance and would like a little air flow to allow what little air allowed in to move around.

Best bank for buck equals free light t8/t12 combo that I rigged

Attachments

• image-489753112.jpg
    image-489753112.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 82
Jmkb02 said:
The area above the Fuge is a tight fit between the top of the tank and the bottom of the stand, if that makes sense. I have around 4 inches of clearance and would like a little air flow to allow what little air allowed in to move around.

I see. How tall is your refugium? I'm just asking because some lights penetrate better than others and knowing the height makes it easier to properly recommend something.

I see. How tall is your refugium? I'm just asking because some lights penetrate better than others and knowing the height makes it easier to properly recommend something.

The Fuge is about 16 inches tall with around 15 inches of water. It's 12 inches front to back and around 10 inches wide

I just ordered two 120w dimmable leds off of ebay for 299.90 shipped to my door!!! I hope they are as good as everyone says!!!:)

I'm looking for an LED that can keep LPS/softies and has the ability to adjust from day lights to night lights automatically. I have one tank with an AI Sol and love it. However, I'm starting a new tank and am trying to avoid spending $400.

supermart168
s.gif
is the seller. I just ordered them yesterday so i wont be getting them for about 5 days.

I just got mine from an eBay seller called:completefiltrationservicesinc.
The unit I have has a separate switch for lunar lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 103
One knob controls the blues one controls the whites.if I turn the blues knob off the lunar lights stay on.only problem I have is upon looking for a unit and browsing many of they which all come with the hanging cable kit this unit did not.i didn't realize it till I opened the box then looking at my eBay order page.my mistake....anyone know where I can buy the hanging kit?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 90
You are just turning down the blues. I wouldn't use them as moon lights. I believe they would be too bright. You can make a hanging kit that's better than the one they send you. What are you hanging to?

You are just turning down the blues. I wouldn't use them as moon lights. I believe they would be too bright. You can make a hanging kit that's better than the one they send you. What are you hanging to?

The unit has 27 blue 25 white ,when the knob is turned off there are only 3 LEDs lit and there not as bright as apposed to 27 blue on at the same time...I'm hanging it from a drop ceiling

Back
Top Bottom