Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered a taotronic a few days ago and hope to get it before this weekend. How high above the tank should I hang the lights when I get them?

Anyone have an idea on how high off the water level I should hang these?i have a 34 solana ,dimensions are 20x20x20

They seem to be the same concept as the ones we are referring to> I didn't catch the price though...

Then you can't turn on white and blue independently. I would want 2 cords for 2 timers.

The unit has an LCD where you can set the timers for whites,blues or lunar lights....as far as evolution led's here's a link that has different models,sizes and prices.....LED Aquarium Lighting | Evolution LED Lights

Just hung mine and already everything is opening up nicer than before....I have both blues and whites turned down to almost off to acclimate the coral

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 91
Hey by the way I have to say thank you to MR X....if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have went the LED route I been following this thread from the beginning.my lights been on for 45 minutes and the polyp extension on all my corals are like I never seen before!

would 1 of those lights cover a 40b and support SPS or would I need 2 thats a nice light

36L X 16H X 18W

This is what one fixture looks like over a 40b seaweed.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130312_140732.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130312_140732.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom