looking to find a bulkhead fitting for airline tubing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking into making a DIY auto-topoff. Where can I find a fitting to fit a bulkhead to reduce it to 1/4" airline tubing?

Seems like it would be common but I can't find it on ebay or on aquarium plumping sites. I just might not know the correct terminology.

I'm looking to put a bulkhead in a plastic container and then find a fitting that converts that bulkhead outing to 1/4" (preferrably barbed) for airline tubing.

Sweet!
So this would be all I need?
PHBBF0532MIC-500p.jpg

No need to attach something to a bigger bulkhead?

Well it looks like the whole thing. Bulkhead and fitting. I'll order it and see how it goes. Rep points for you sir! Thank you!

Also I sincerely don't know how you found that, lol. Even with the name of it on that page, searching google for a place i can order it online... I still can't find it. Guess I will order with them through phone.

Ah, so here's a little twist. I emailed foster and smith just to make sure of compatibility before I ordered.

Their response:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize, as we currently do not carry bulkhead fitting pieces specifically designed for use with 1/4" RO tubing. As the fittings you have mentioned are for use with flexible airline tubing, it may not be possible to properly fit and secure RO tubes. If you are able to obtain a threaded RO adapter, it may however be possible to install a plastic nut and gasket to create a bulkhead for your source water reservoir. These pieces should be available at most local hardware or plumbing supply stores.

Well, I have the plastic bulkhead piece I need. The only problem is the nut is brass (only one, in any hardware store, in my hole town that fits!)

Brass is bad, right? i.e. I shouldn't use it? search for a nylon nut online instead?

Back
Top Bottom