metal halide XM bulbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I have used XM bulbs with no problem. I prefer both XM and Coralvue. Either bulb is a great bulb to have.

what is your opinion on the light intensity between the 2? do the xm's burn brighter? Do they last longer like they advertise. Do they run hotter?

I think that the Coralvue is a brighter bulb as far as light level and intensity. But this is a very subjective opinion. I don't have any "hard data" to back this up and someone could easily say that the XM is infact the brighter bulb. Again, I think both are excellent bulbs and you will be happy with either pick. The XM's are typically cheaper so that makes them even more attractive.

Both run around the same temperature so that makes no difference.

It depends on what type of coral your keeping or plan on keeping. High light corals and clams will generally appreciate more PAR assuming they are properly acclimated to it. FWIW if your running 250's a PAR of atleast 300 is considered decent. HTH

I have a single 175w 10k XM metal halide bulb and 40 watts of actinic over my 37g LPS reef and my corals split like crazy, I have a bubble tip anemone that is getting huge as well.

Back
Top Bottom