Multiple MP-10's or 1 MP-40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 60"x18"x25" tank. I must have vortech powerheads. My question is would 2 MP-10W ES be better than one MP-40W ES. I know they don't push as much water but I am thinking about tank coverage. Is the MP-40 most effective placed on the end of the tank or can I put it on the back with the same results?

Now with one MP of any type you will not get a wave action. I think it is best to go with either two mp-10's or two mp-40's so that you get max use of the programs they have to offer. I run two mp-10's on my 85g.

Now with one MP of any type you will not get a wave action. I think it is best to go with either two mp-10's or two mp-40's so that you get max use of the programs they have to offer. I run two mp-10's on my 85g.

What about the tanks I see on youtube with 1 mp40 almost sloshing water out of the tank. will I get good action with the 10's on the back glass or do they need to face each other at either end of the tank.

If you put the MP-40 close enough to the top of the tank it will show allot of sloshing of water out of your tank. But truthfully how long can you do that before you get tired of cleaning saltwater off your floors. I have two mp-10's one on each side and get beautiful flow in whatever mode I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom