My heater has MOISTURE inside....is this normal ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
i'm not sure if its working or not.

It was working 5 minutes ago (the light was on)

but I checked my aquarium just now (the light was off) and I saw moisture inside the heater

its an aquaone heater

ok thank god - i would hate for my fish to be in trouble !!

just looking at the heater through my tank - I cannot see any cracks - just condensation INSIDE

I think it is coz where they are made the humidity is high. There is a temp. differential between the inside and outside of the glass. That may contribute too.

A bit Off topic... Go the Crows..... finners crossed for the Sawnnies too.

Back on topic. It is sort of like in a green house where there is humd air and it is warm but outside the air is cool and the glass cools to cause condensation..... that is my theory and I am sticking to it.

hahahhhha

did u watch the game on saturday or was it friday (can't remember)
- the 3 second buzzer beater !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mattrox said:
Back on topic. It is sort of like in a green house where there is humd air and it is warm but outside the air is cool and the glass cools to cause condensation..... that is my theory and I am sticking to it.

understandable :wink:

is it possible to remove the condensation ??

it looks like the heater is leaking (with the water inside)

the heater is definitely working !!
the light is back ON :lol:

however, I noticed that the water inside the heater is boiling

question:

If I were to tip/turn the heater upside-down and shake it. Will the water empty and fall out ??

i just needed reassurance that the heater is not faulty

thanks for the confirmation

so long as the water moisture is not enough to damage the electronics it should work fine. HTH (Ive seen this before as well.. Its just been a while, the newer ones dont normally have this problem IME)
btw.. If this is a relitivly new heater you might want to look into contacting the manaifacture and explaining the moistrure to see if they will provide a replacement.. not that its needed but why take a risk of too much moisture if you dont have to..

its strange because I have another heater (EXACTLY the same), and it doesn't have this problem.

In fact, this heater (with the moisture inside) is more newer.

greenmaji said:
so long as the water moisture is not enough to damage the electronics it should work fine. HTH (Ive seen this before as well.. Its just been a while, the newer ones dont normally have this problem IME)
btw.. If this is a relitivly new heater you might want to look into contacting the manaifacture and explaining the moistrure to see if they will provide a replacement.. not that its needed but why take a risk of too much moisture if you dont have to..

thanks for the help

like I said.....apart from the water inside the heater, it seems to be working fine (although I just discovered the moisture today)

The water shuoldn't effect the heating coils, but if you were to turn it upside down you may get it in contact with the electronics, which could short it and then you would have a problem. I assume they are built this way and they may be in seprate compartments, but none of mine have broken so I havn't taken one apart yet :)

Back
Top Bottom