Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need Help

I own an aquarium tank made by All Glass Aquarium, and i'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but all around the top of the tank there is that black molding they put onto the tank. Now i'm planning on setting up a sump and for that to work, I believe you need an overflow correct? Well my dilemma is how can I get an overflow working without having to do any drilling to the bottom or back of the tank. I have seen Marine Depot carry some overflow boxes and I can see a gap on those boxes that would be able to place over the top rear of the tank but i'm not sure if the gap is wide enough to fit that black molding that's on top of my tank. Well any advice or any ideas would be of great help. Thank you very much.

Chris

Old 09-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
steve-s

http://lifereef.com

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #3

Steve are you talking about the Siphon boxes, because if you are I think those are like the same ones from Marine Depot, and my problem would still be there, because of that top black molding being too wide for the box to fit on top. This weekend i'll try to get some pictures of the black molding on top so that way you can get an idea of what i'm talking about.

Chris
Old 09-14-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
steve-s

What is the thickness of the backwall with the lip?

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-14-2005, 12:12 AM   #5

Hmmm not all too sure of how thick the backwall is, but if I were to take a guess about that lip its about 2 inches, so ya it's a hard problem to tackle.

Chris
Old 09-14-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
steve-s

The standard I think is about 1½". Lifereef will make them custom order so sending them an e-mail just to get a quote wouldn't hurt. There are also several DIY plans on the net if your interested.

<<DIY prefilter box>>

Cheers
Steve

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com