Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
need help filter broke

My 3-4 gallon tank has a small critter keeper filter and a eclipse mini in it .. we today the mini broke a propeeller possible lfs said .. so I took the critter keeper line and put in an airstone an wraped a nitasorb(spelling ) around it with a rubber band..

Is this safe ?? the store was out of the kritter cartiges and they arent working as well as they used to ;....I did get a in coner pen plax at petco but forgot it at the store after I pd for it... My mind is out ..lmao...

Any ideas and help welcome

Old 05-28-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you can get a ten gallon tank and a small hob, I think your fishies would be very happy
For now, you should be ok with no filter. Just do daily partial water changes of about 50%.

Old 05-28-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
anyway... how'd you break the impeller?
Old 05-28-2005, 02:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
I aint sure.. I may have had some debis in it that i didnt see

as for the ten gallon theyd be lost... and they dont like heat... I have white clouds in it...

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
megladonsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:56 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you... But I fixed it after finding out what an impeller was

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
megladonsharky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com