New affordable Fish Tank Reef LED lighting.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lifereefer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Longiotti LEDs this is a great new system. please post replys if anyone else has this system and what they think about it. I have my system and I love it. I started to VHOs and wanted more blue so I added 2 42 inch tubes to my system. I was going to do this as a trial setup because I did not want to drop $900 on lighting that I had not seen in person. I figured just under $400 was more managable. well as soon as I got the system I new I wanted the whites also. I put in a second order and I have had these up and running for awhile now. I get more water reflection ripples than before. the tank just comes alive when the lights come on.

hmmmm...4 posts and everyone is about those same LED's. You wouldn't happen to be the owner of that co. would you?

no I am not the owner of the company
havent you ever gotton something for your tank and liked it so much you wanted to tell everyone. I have told my friends that I got LEDS for my tank and they ask how I afforded the solars hood. I figured everyone should know that there is something else out there that is not outragesly priced. I just like technology and it is about time LEDS dropped in price.

no I am not the owner of the company
havent you ever gotton something for your tank and liked it so much you wanted to tell everyone. I have told my friends that I got LEDS for my tank and they ask how I afforded the solars hood. I figured everyone should know that there is something else out there that is not outragesly priced. I just like technology and it is about time LEDS dropped in price.
Well, no offense, but no. I never went out and joined a message forum and made all 5, and counting, of my first posts raving about a product from an "under construction" site.

Only way to order is call? Not very secure. No shipping prices?

Since you have these things, maybe you can give us some info that isn't available on the site.
What's the warranty on them?
What's the wavelength on the blue bulbs?
What's the Kelvin temp of the white? PAR value on the white?
Are they programmable, since you are comparing them to a Solaris?

IMO, those look like the DIY moonlights you can get on Ebay except they are mounted in $0.99 flourescent bulb protective sleeves from HD. The 3 pictures on that site.....ugghhhhhhhh. I personally would not want my tank to look like that. I prefer a natural lighting look.

brutal replies. I didn't mean this to be a firing squad I just thougth I would share my experence. the pics on the site are just the blue lights. I run them for an hour in the morning and an hour at night then the other whites are turned on also. I will try and post some pics but I am at work so I will see what I can do.

I tend to agree with cccapt here. I've got a mixed reef with many high light demanding corals and I just don't think those would give me the same growth I have with my MHs.

I see nothing brutal. You say how good these lights are, so inquiring minds want to know.....
see above questions

well I know they come with a 2 year warrentee because that is what the information said that came with the unit.

they are not programable but I just hooked them to a couple of outlet timers. someday I want to set them up to the x10 remote system but I am saving up for that

Back
Top Bottom