A couple of questions I need answers to please...
Current setup: 2 Cascade 1500 canister filters, 120gal tank, FO
setup, no LR
Future Plans: Add small amount of LR
within 1 month (10lbs)...I'm hoping this will turn my dead rock into LR
. Still debating the DSB
idea. If I can get inverts in this tank, I will not do a DSB
No plans for a reef system.
1) I just bought the ASM G3 Protein Skimmer today, so that should be in the mail in 4-7 days. Do I need a sump for the protein skimmer or could I use a small tank for that? What is a good economical way to go?
If I decide to go with a sump (or if I need too with this skimmer) then my next question is about the sump setup. I'm really clueless with this setup or what is needed, so any suggestions would be helpful. Heck, if anyone want's to tell me EXACTLY what to do I'm down for that too.
2) How large of a sump setup do I need for my size tank? I'm limited to about 15in in width).
3) What size HOB
Overflow box do I need? (I'm looking at the CPR CS150, because I assume that bigger is better, please tell me if this is wrong)
4) What return pump should I use? I will be sending the water up about 5 feet max.
5) Will my canister filters then be worthless, or should I still use them for water flow.
6) I currently have bio balls in the canisters, should I transfer these to the sump?
7) Is a sump/refugium the optimal setup.
My next questions are about stocking the tank.
8) I would like some inverts (crabs, shimp, snails). Can I stock these inverts in a fish only system (eventually live rock, but not for a while).
9) Would my snowflake eel harm LR
or inverts? It's currently only 6in long.
10) If I cannot stock inverts to clean up the substrate, are there any fish I can stock to help me do this?
11) If I decide to go with a DSB
, would my snowflake eel disturb it badly?
I appreciate all of your guy's help. Thanks.