Nightmare come true

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went on vacation for a while and during the time I was gone my Jaebo wp40 stopped working. Thankfully, my sump, hydor koralias, and UV sterilizer were still pumping correctly so my fish didn't die. However, my corals are another matter :(

Everything is covered in algae, both dinoflagellates and cyanobacteria. Most of my stony corals are dead and my soft corals are looking hideous. Now I just need to figure out how to remedy my situation with as little monetary expenditure as possible :(

I'm pretty sure there was a short in the control box of the pump as it spits sparks when I plug it in.

What would everyone suggest as an affordable powerhead / source of flow for a 90g tank?

No suggestion but that's awful sorry to hear this! That's a mini fortune down the drain...

Caleb

I use a jebao rw15 on my 120g and I love it - I think around $80 on amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use a jebao rw15 on my 120g and I love it - I think around $80 on amazon

Seeing how a jaebo pump failure cost me hundreds of dollars in corals.. I will be avoiding this brand.

wow literally almost bought a jebao tonight.

I'm so sorry about your losses.

Regardless of brand, would setting up multiple PHs help mitigate any losses due failure of a single device? I know nothing of your flow requirements but was looking at it from a redundancy aspect.
It sucks that it occurred while you were away.

wow literally almost bought a jebao tonight.

I'm so sorry about your losses.
Yeah, ive heard of other people having problems with it like this as well, but figured id give it a try anyways.
Regardless of brand, would setting up multiple PHs help mitigate any losses due failure of a single device? I know nothing of your flow requirements but was looking at it from a redundancy aspect.
It sucks that it occurred while you were away.

Yes it would help to have multiple devices. Im needing about 2000 - 3000 gph in flow for my tank.

While maybe not the most cost effective the vortechs work flawlessly. Or you could just get a koralia or 2

First of all I'm sorry about your corals... :( It's tough to have your tank running smoothly and finally have it like you want it and then suddenly loose your progress like that. For a new pump I would say hit up another Hydor Koralia: Hydor Koralia Evolution Circulation Pump/Powerhead . The evolution 400 was a nice model when I had it running in my 55 gallon, no complaints. For supplemental flow on your tank I would say get the 1150 gph or 1500 gph. (y)

Sorry to hear that man.. sounds like a pretty aweful thing to come home to. Have you contacted jebao?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom