No filtration. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason it says its being processed, idk how long that will take. If you want, I could send it to your email?

Sorry I'm not around my Pc I'm using a iPhone with the forum app so i can't see it unless it's on YouTube

All I can say is if u are priming(putting water in with a cup) it till the tank water is coming out of the filter and it's still not working buy a new filter ASAP and put the old filter media in it

thras said:
All I can say is if u are priming(putting water in with a cup) it till the tank water is coming out of the filter and it's still not working buy a new filter ASAP and put the old filter media in it

Yep and that's about all we can do along with the damage control
. I exommend you get an Aquaclear 110 and 70 for that tank.. goosnite

Keep us informed on how it works out and if the tank is as dirty as u said it is I would suggest lots of water changes and keeping a eye on the nitrates nitrites and ammo while ur filter revives it's self

Sorry I had to get some sleep as you can tell from my last post. If you get the same filter make sure you transfer over your filter media that you hopefully kept wet in tank water. If you decide to go with another brand, cut it off the frame if that is what it has and stuff it in to the new one(s). That's why I like Aquaclear, it is versitile and has a wide range of options as far as filter media. You can not get too much filtration. Try to go with double. Goldfish from what I have read have extremely big bio loads ( which means they excrete bodily waste alot). If you want to know more just ask. I can go on and on......

I have not been able to put in a new filter because my friend doesn't feel it prudent to get a new one, and his tank! I'm not to happy with what's goin on. I have put 6 different air stones into it, hoping it would help a lil bit. There's also a power head running. I haven't slept at all because I have been worrying. I should've just bought the filter myself, I will tomorrow.

GrimmGoby said:
I have not been able to put in a new filter because my friend doesn't feel it prudent to get a new one, and his tank! I'm not to happy with what's goin on. I have put 6 different air stones into it, hoping it would help a lil bit. There's also a power head running. I haven't slept at all because I have been worrying. I should've just bought the filter myself, I will tomorrow.

Are you all good now?

Ya, he told me he had tote full of fish supplies, he had five different filter, two extra hoods for a 20gl tank, extra heaters, extra substrate, extra food, decorations, etc. I guess he planned ahead.

I put this filter because I wanted more filtration in the tank, I'm thinking about adding a second.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110531_182826.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110531_182826.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 76
Just don't change your filter media every two weeks. Rinse it when it restricts the flow in dechlorinated water, and put it back. Most of the BB lives in there.

Deckape said:
Just don't change your filter media every two weeks. Rinse it when it restricts the flow in dechlorinated water, and put it back. Most of the BB lives in there.

Oh, really? I thought it if got bad, you were supposed to change it? Thank you for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom