No filtration. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esoteric Backbone

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My filter for my tank is not sucking in water, I'm pretty sure its spinning the impeler but I'm not sure. Its a Marineland, Penguin 200 Bio-Wheel Power Filter.

Is the filter media clogged? I have Aquaclear. Have you tried reseating the impeller? I am sure you have but just asking. Do you have a backup?

Did it lose prime? Did you try filling it up with tankwater?

I've tried filling it with water, I've tried tanking the impellar out. The media isn't clogged. I do not have a back up plan, and I'm not able to buy a new filter for a couple of more hours, no transportation

GrimmGoby said:
I've tried filling it with water, I've tried tanking the impellar out. The media isn't clogged. I do not have a back up plan, and I'm not able to buy a new filter for a couple of more hours, no transportation

Ok, you have an air pump? Turn it wide open and prepare to do water changes if the parameters get out of wack. When you get a new filter be prepared to transfer over your old filter media. Oh by the way, keep your old media in a baggie with tank water to keep the beneficial bacteria well hydrated. What is your tank size and any more info you're willing to share will help us help you...

Does anyone have any experience with Marine Land filters?????

GrimmGoby said:
I have two air pumps, and there in with the Goldfish, I also have a power head in with the tank.

What size is your tank?

Not 100% sure, but I belive its a 92gl. My friend isn't to sure, he doesn't remember and I pretty much adopted it because he works too much to take care of it.

Might be a little late but I have experience with these filters I would try piling the impeller out and take a q tip or 5 and clean out the inside where the magnet gos it gets gunk in it sometimes and clean the impeller shaft then put a little bit of water in and plug it in after u install just the impeller and see if it's spinning if it is put it back together and prime the filter then stick the media back in

Have you tried actually taking the filter apart, cleaning the impeller, housing and all?

A lot of times hair and other crap can get wrapped around the impeller, or sometimes they just fill with up with normal detrius and will start pumping again once the impeller is clean and the hole where the impeller goes is free of debris.

thras said:
Might be a little late but I have experience with these filters I would try piling the impeller out and take a q tip or 5 and clean out the inside where the magnet gos it gets gunk in it sometimes and clean the impeller shaft then put a little bit of water in and plug it in after u install just the impeller and see if it's spinning if it is put it back together and prime the filter then stick the media back in

Thanks! I appreciate the back up

Wow. Thank you guys for the quick replies and help! :)

... I tried cleaning Thras with the q tip, there was very little gunk, and the impellar is spinning, but not sunking in water, idk why...

Only thing I can say to do at this point is to keep adding water I add it till it comes out the filter and keep adding and did the base of the intake seat all the way down they can be a little stubborn sometimes

And try this all without the blue filter pad in it then add after it kicks back on easier that way

And yes I would agree with ducktape to put ur media in the tank or In a baggy

Back
Top Bottom