Noisy Emperor 280 .. driving me nuts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a 46 bow front setup on craigslist - the seller gave me a BOX of 3 filters. One was an Emperor 280 and the other 2 look to be identical aqua-clears. Well, being a long-time user of the Penguin's with the bio-wheel, I set up the Emperor 280.

At first it was nice and quiet, like my Penguin has always been. Howver, after a few hours though it got noisy sounding like something was in the pump or the impeller was not seated right. I took it apart several times trying to remedy the noise, it was very clean but I cleaned it again anyways. Impeller seemed alittle sloppy -- no biggie. Tracked one down at a LFS today and got it for $15. Put the new impeller in - its about 25% less noisy but still very loud! It sounds like the impeller or something in that area is rattling. Its pumping water great, not sucking air (aquarium level is max) .. I dont understand why its noisy.

Any suggestions or advice before I go crazy? lol

Ok, called Marineland Customer Service and they are sending me a new manifold. I hope this quiets it down!!

Back
Top Bottom