Opinions on this light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
It's expensive and a ton of light unless you are planning something pretty heavy, looks pretty sweet though. What tank is this on?

I was gonna use it on my African Cichlid tank :)

I was really mad about the whole LFS and the rip off move with that zoomed light.

It was the last one they had and I just noticed the right plastic brave is broke and it's also made for tanks with no cover unless you suspend it over the tank (which I'm not doing)

I like gadgets and this light look bad ***

jetajockey said:
Thats a ton of light even for a heavily planted tank. I'd just go with a 2 bulb fixture, I'm sure you can find one with moonlights and a timer.

Ok thanks. Any ideas? I like the look of the blue light with the daylight at the same time. Just like what I had. But that's going back tomorrow.

for the blue just look for a bulb combo that has an actinic bulb in it. It really depends on your budget though there are lots of options out there. If its not a planted tank I wouldn't stress too much on bulb/fixture quality.

Those look pretty good but I've never used them. Coralife, Glo, and a few others all have somewhat competing models, if I was shopping for lights purely for aesthetics I'd just figure out what fixture has the setup that I want and then compare prices on different brands.

jetajockey said:
for the blue just look for a bulb combo that has an actinic bulb in it. It really depends on your budget though there are lots of options out there. If its not a planted tank I wouldn't stress too much on bulb/fixture quality.

Yeah just a few Anubias that's all.

jetajockey said:
I recently bought a 3 bulb fixture off ebay and I really like it. It's a cheap brand, oddysea, but it's good so far and is half the price of similar fixtures.

Will look into that. A 3 bulb fixture sounds nice. You could do white,blue and that rose color or whatever they call it. I bet that would look sweet!

Normally you won't find the pink bulbs and actinic (Blue) bulbs together because the actinics are for saltwater and the pink ones are for freshwater planted, but you might be able to mix and match.

jetajockey said:
Normally you won't find the pink bulbs and actinic (Blue) bulbs together because the actinics are for saltwater and the pink ones are for freshwater planted, but you might be able to mix and match.

Trying to find a 3 bulb fixture now having a hard time. I'd like to see all three lights on at the same time. Bet it would look killer.

jetajockey said:
You might want to contact these guys

T5 PLANT GROW HOOD

They can probably do something like that if you ask.

You ARE the MAN!!! They did just what I wanted!! 1 blue, 1 pink hue he said it's for planted tanks and 1 65k daylight. All T5 HO's! And cheaper then both lights I was looking at AND he threw in the side braces. Told him I heard about him through the forum.

Thanks again! :)

Back
Top Bottom