Please Help: seting up a wet/dry with sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RHSTOYMAN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I was planning on setting up a 30 gallon sump/fuge for my 55 gallon reef tank. I was going to make it out a spare tank I had laying around the house. Yesterday I found a reef lake system wet dry filter at a flea market for $20. I just didn't think that I could pass it up, so I now have the wet dry too. It a little different than most of the wet dry systems that I have seem because it has two tubes coming out of the front. (1" pvc). I hoping that someone could help me with an idea to plumb all of this. I was already slightly confused with just the sump. Now I really don't know what to do. The 55 gallon tank I have is not drill, so I was thinking about getting an 1200 overflow. Any advice that you have would be greatly appreciated. :?

Attachments

• stuff_008_redo.jpg
    stuff_008_redo.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 140
  • stuff_009_redo.jpg
    stuff_009_redo.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 41
I wanted to put a HOB Remora C, and a heater in the sump. The wet dry is too wide to fit in the 30 gal.

Are you planning to use the 30gal for a fuge etc or are you just planning on using the wet/dry now?

I was planning on it. I really want a fuge because I have heard nothing but great things about them.

Back
Top Bottom