Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindk
I am going to fit the RO/DI unit in my laundry in the Basement. He will run the RO line to the kitchen sink put a little faucet in the sink next to the regular faucet, for drinking water. He will run the RO/DI line to the powder room and leave it under sink.
Just make sure the water pressure from your ro\di unit is strong enough to make it from the basement to the reserve tank in the powder room. If it’s not then you would need a separate container in the basement for the ro\di water to go into and a fairly strong pump like the Mag 7 or possibly the Mag 9.5 to be able to push the water up 10+ feet to the room above.

Quote:
ps: If I hook up everything to a X10 setup, my computer will automatically prepare, prime and replace the water in my aquarium at regular intevals.
I’d like to see the X10 add the salt for you I wouldn’t recommend not being in the room when the transfer happens, too many variables that could go wrong.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

If I dig the www enough, may be I'll find someone who used X10 to add salt. Just kidding.
I am a law abiding citizen. Murphy's law that is. Even if someday I manage to do everything using X10, I will stand next to the tank and be watching.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwzrd
Quote:
I am going to fit the RO/DI unit in my laundry in the Basement.
Just make sure the water pressure from your ro\di unit is strong enough to make it from the basement to the reserve tank in the powder room.
Also note that an RO/DI unit with it's output line under pressure will produce significantly less water than the membrane is rated for, so get a faster system than you would origionally have planed. The good news of a slower system, is that the speed is inversely proportional to the purity of the water. You'll get purer water with any decent membrane.

dskidmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, pwc

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com