Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willba200

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ow many power heads would you have in this tank??

Attachments

• image-3828123966.jpg
    image-3828123966.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 112
The more powerheads the better but shoot for flow between 660g /2500l and 1320g / 5000l per hour in flow.

Give me a DUMMYS answer ..... As in smaller pointing towards surface, lager on the rock??

I was thinking that I need flow at the top to create movement and flow for corals?

Recommendations for FOWLR tanks is ten times the number of gallons for flow. Corals is twenty. Double check that, but that's what I recall others saying on various posts. Those are usually minimum flow rates.

Give me a DUMMYS answer ..... As in smaller pointing towards surface, lager on the rock??

Getting water flow correct is probably the most difficult part of setting up a reef tank. 3 different powerheads would give you quite a bit of different flow options so I would shoot for:

1 of these
Hydor Koralia Evolution Pump - 600

and 2 of these
Hydor Koralia Nano Pump - 425

Positioning them will be 100% dependent on your scape so you will have to play around with it for a few weeks to get it right. I would position one angled upwards creating surface agitation and the other two can be angled in different directions.

i have that tank as a fowlr and i have a pair of hydor koralia 425s flowing directly at eachother along the bow of the tank about 2/3 the way up on each side.

Back
Top Bottom