Problems with Eheim....help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

razmataz1971

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had an Eheim 2215 for a year now on my 75gal. Everytime I clean it out (tonight is the 3rd time) I have a problem getting it going again. It starts up, but has a problem spraying out thru the spraybar. I did a whole cleaning, tubes and all. I even took it apart and rinsed out all the media, put in new filter pads, yes the whole 9 yards. Any advice?

I'm thinking because this is such a PIA filter, time to get a replacement. My mom used Magnums for years, but I don't know.

what do you mean by airlocked. as far as priming, i fill the canister with tank water and suck on the hose to get the water going to the spraybar

I have the same one. I start the syphon on the output from the tank and then close the valve to keep the syphon. I then rehook up all the hoses and open the valves and the cannister fills up. Then I pluig it back in and of it goes.

Rich

I guess I am a bit confused Rich either that I am brain farting. Would you mind explaing in further detail?

I suck on the hose that the water flows out of the tank from, until it starts a siphon and starts to drain the tank. I then close the valve so it doesnt leak all over. I attach the hoses to the cannister and open the valve up. The siphon on the output hose fills the cannister up. Once it is full I plug it back in a and it starts pumping water again. I have an on/off valve on both hoses so I can remove the filter with out a mess. I would take a picture but I am at work. You need to keep the valve once the siphon starts under the water line so you do not lose the siphon.

I hope I am being clear.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom