Protein skimmer hasnt produced anything in 7 days.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmye4fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was cleaning it once a week then noticed my little one also wanted to mess with it and the hose got pinched. I replaced the hose and is bubbling like it was previously but it's still not producing. Any ideas?

75 gallon, 20 gallon sump with skimmer and refuge, small blue tang, 2 clowns and an engineer goby. Plus a few hermit crabs and snails.

Stop cleaning it... It needs a couple weeks to break in. I have never cleaned mine out, but do run some RODI water through the exhaust line to get rid f any buildup.

Hmm. Well I assume when you say exhaust line you are talking about the hose coming off the cup itself? The guy I bought this from has it folded over and tied off. Should it be an open airline?

It's the hose that sucks air in to produce bubbles... It has to be different from what you are describing, because if it was tied off, your pump wouldn't produce bubbles.. Any way of posting a pic guy?

Yeah I will post a pic when I get home. It's not the air hose that produces the bubbles. It's a hose up towards the top of the skimmer. Pic to follow soon.

The hose you are talking about is the overflow hose on the collection cup. You can add to it and run it to a container in case the skimmer ever overflows it won't end up on your floor. Not all skimmers have them. Mine is an Esopp's skimmer and it has a hose like the one you are talking about, but instead of being tied off it came with a plug in the end of the hose.

The hose you are talking about is the overflow hose on the collection cup. You can add to it and run it to a container in case the skimmer ever overflows it won't end up on your floor. Not all skimmers have them. Mine is an Esopp's skimmer and it has a hose like the one you are talking about, but instead of being tied off it came with a plug in the end of the hose.

This makes sense...

Back
Top Bottom