Protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shipwreck

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a used Protien skimmer (unsure of brand or size if it matters). I was using the block that came in it for my first months cycle but then changed the block out. The block the store gave me is an "Ocean Foam" block and I had to dremel it down to fit in my tube. It's been running for about 4 days now and isn't making any foam. Do I need to trim it down more? The old one was making foam. No change were made to any of the set up at all. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi there, welcome to the forum!!

I just installed a skimmer that uses a "block" as well for air. Is the airstone producing the same amount of bubbles as the old one did? I know a mod is suggested with some of these skimmers that you add two stones for more bubbles. But I don't know what kind of skimmer you have.

Do you have a picture?

img_1510937_0_1ee7c6026bf193651ed15563ca51b713.jpg

img_1510937_1_9a1f5ab9547159e7da1aac32edf13010.jpg

Hmm it looks like the stone may be too big. Mine is similar in type, and it generates alot of bubbles. Yours seems to be gnereating the bubbles but maybe not enough to push the crud to the top.

Ok, I'll sand it down some more. Sorry for the multiple pictures, the site wouldn't update on my phone. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom