Python 25 foot No Spill System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN_Aquarist

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just ordered one of these from Amazon and it seems like a solid piece of equipment. The only issue I have is that I don't seem to have enough water pressure or seals that are tight enough to do the job. While attempting to use this, I caused my faucet seals to leak rather than produce enough pressure for a siphon.

Is there a special technique that makes this thing work?

They work great, when they connect properly. I took the end of the one I used to have, went to my true value store, and had the guy who knew the plumbing isle find me a way to just unscrew my faucet aerator and screw in the fitting for the python. Worked great for a long time

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just ordered one of these from Amazon and it seems like a solid piece of equipment. The only issue I have is that I don't seem to have enough water pressure or seals that are tight enough to do the job. While attempting to use this, I caused my faucet seals to leak rather than produce enough pressure for a siphon.

Is there a special technique that makes this thing work?
Try some plumbers tape on the adaptor that goes into the faucet.....

you're not understanding. The leak is coming from the seal around the base of the faucet where it connects to the sink. It's also not producing enough water pressure to create a siphon. Neither the siphon hose or the hose fitting is leaking.

Do I need some kind of industrial wash tub with heavy duty seals on the faucet?

So, it's leaking where the faucet arm and base come together?

Could you show a pic of where it's leaking?

Does it leak without the python attached?

Apologies if the questions seem stupid, just trying to be sure I understand

Does it leak without the python attached?

no, only when the python is attached. The python seems to create a lot of back pressure, which is what's causing my faucet to leak at the base arm.

Depending on the make and style of the faucet, you may be able to tighten that union. Carefully, don't force anything. Also, are you on a well by chance?

Back
Top Bottom