question about Overflow and Fluval 404???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordinho80

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was wonderring...since the 404 has the 2 hoses, input and output...if i put an overflow box on my tank connected to a smaller tank underneath and have the intake sit in the lower tank and the output in the main tank, will that work???

OK I am here! :)

I did use a Magnum as a return pump for my sump. It worked OK but as czcz stated, the flow rate is much reduced due to head height. In my case, the Magnum managed 150-200 gph without any filters (empty media basket). Using the micron filter, flow rate is more like 150, but drops quickly as the filter gets clogged. After about a year of weekly servicing/cleaning of the Magnum, I gave up & now is using a hydor submersible pump (600 gph rated, about 400 actual).

You might have better luck with the fluval. From what I read, it is a better canister than the Magnum & easier to maintain. <I might still be using the Magnum if it didn't take 1/2 hr or more to assemble & prime the thing every time I need to clean it.>

Back
Top Bottom