Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good idea!

dskidmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

these look exactly like my Pentair AF-94 'single' filter module, except that the previous owner has glued multiple units in line. If my guess is correct, all of the currently available pleated filter cartridges and other parts for the current line of 'single' modules should work in your older modules !!! Also, today you can get a Pentair canister top which would convert one of your canisters to n 8 watt UV unit, purchase a filter insert with a dedicated space for granulated carbon, purchase a canister top meant to allow you to insert a tank heater through the center of the cap etc. ( purchased as parts of course)

check out http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...All&Nty=1&pc=1 for starters

If you're wondering how all of the different 'innards' can be configured, there are some blow-up pics of my own Pentair filter setup at http://cloudytanks.com/reviews/howto/pentair.htm

PS you really lucked out running across these canister filter modules !!! The Pentair is the best filter setup that I have ever owned !

Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 AM   #13
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskidmore
If you can't find the pleated filters, poly batting from your local craft store might do the trick.
No, it will not.

I have used a few of these (we have two, big, cart-mounted, 6 triple-capacity canister units down at the shop)...great systems. I was thinking of buying one for myself, but they are not cheap.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonie
these look exactly like my Pentair AF-94 'single' filter module, ....
PS you really lucked out running across these canister filter modules !!! The Pentair is the best filter setup that I have ever owned !
it has been awhile since i've visited here and i want to thank you all for your helpful posts. yep, i am feeling pretty fortunate to have this pentair system. i will do some research to see if I can locate some replacement parts to get a heater and maybe a uv lamp into these canisters.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com