Reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do alot of reefers run phosphate reactors? My phosphates have come up a bit as i know i have been over feeding a bit . I usually do a 10% water change weekly. Nitrates stay close to 0. Looking at tlf phosban 150. Some say watch for leaking at o- ring. Looking for help with pros and cons??? Thanks

I use a reactor. My phosphates are non existent. Use granular ferric oxide as your media inside the reactor. You can go three months before having to replace it. I have had no issues with leaking or anything. if you want a reef tank, get a reactor.

Bulk reef supply would be a good place to price out reactors and the GFO, they seem to be the cheapest I have found. I also run a gfo reactor for phosphates and it really works. :)

Thanks guys, a local lfs has the two little fish phosban 150 pretty reasonable they suggest using a maxi jet 1200 with it?? Just not to sure yet where to put it as i am rapidly running out of room under my tank.

We've been using PO4x4 for a while now and it's way better than GFO. No rinsing prior to use, and no chance of pulverizing.

We put 500mL on a 250 gal tank with 1.35ppm PO4 which dropped to half in 4 days & kept dropping afterwards.

Its a small polymer pellet, the future of PO4 removal

Where do you purchase po4x4? And can it be ran for any extended periods of time? Thanks

My local shop carries it Derek's Reef Shop Moncton Canada. It lasts until its binding capability is consumed. You leave it in until your PO4 begins to rise (or stops decreasing).

Back
Top Bottom