Red sea max

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my opinion they are one of the best, but also one of the most expensive. :)

If I had that kind of money I would for sure consider one. They are awesome looking setups.

Want kind of cost would a aquarium be, with all the set up? I would like to have a 90 gal

They're around 1500.00 that is alot but how much would other systems cost

To put it together piece by pice would probably be cheaper and better, at least that's what I think. You could customize the setup more too.

Rickyrick said:
They're around 1500.00 that is alot but how much would other systems cost

I had the red sea max 34 gallon. I didn't like it because of the limited space in the back. Also, they're glass which cracks easily like mine did (out of the blue). Acrylic is harder to clean, but won't crack. I would definitely build my own acrylic system if I were you. I do think it would be more expensive to piece together a system, but worth it.

Thank you. I would love to get a 90-125gal. I would like to stay away from glass if I can. I'm more than likely going to need to spend around 2000.00 right?

Rickyrick said:
Thank you. I would love to get a 90-125gal. I would like to stay away from glass if I can. I'm more than likely going to need to spend around 2000.00 right?

Depends, new yes or more, used you can get an amazing system for probably a third to half of that. Craigslist is full people in desperate need of money, selling $3000 systems for a third. That's how I'm going to do my next setup. Definitely stay away from glass, mine went problem free for 15 months, then the bottom cracked. Came home to a mess. In fact I was at my local fish store the other day and overheard a guy complaining about his 220g glass which dumped all the water out. Glad I only had a 34g.
Type "acrylic aquarium" on Craigslist, and here in the inland empire a bunch pop up.

Back
Top Bottom