Angel with red cheeks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveV

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is this red cheek normal? I've only had this fish for 2 weeks and it's in my quarantine tank. All water parameters are good and it is swims and acts and eats normal.

Attachments

• j7fyuksv.jpg
    j7fyuksv.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 11
  • croppedlqylm4o8.jpg
    croppedlqylm4o8.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
Is this red cheek normal? I've only had this fish for 2 weeks and it's in my quarantine tank. All water parameters are good and it is swims and acts and eats normal.

One of the lines that was used to create the Koi Angelfish was a blushing line so this is very normal for any Angel in the Koi line. As an adult, this blushing may disappear as the coloring on the gill plate increases. You can see a picture of my adult Blushing Angel here: https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/41382-albums14898-picture73117.html (y)

I bought 3 angels 3 or 4 years ago with the same blushing appearance. Still have 1 of them, the other 2 got rehomed, but they all lost the blushing appearance after a year or so.

Yours looks almost identical to the 3 i bought.

I bought 3 angels 3 or 4 years ago with the same blushing appearance. Still have 1 of them, the other 2 got rehomed, but they all lost the blushing appearance after a year or so.

Yours looks almost identical to the 3 i bought.

Back in the 80s, I had one of the lines used to make the KOI Angel. It was an all white fish with a red cap. Picture a red cap oranda on an Angelfish body. A B E A U T I F U L pair of fish. All the babies came out as ghost blushings. No color at all until they were almost 6 months old. Needless to say, it was hard to sell a small Red Cap Angel back then when it had no red cap and no white coloring. :lol: I had to sell them all off as ghost blushings at a large discount than what the Red Caps could have been sold for. It was only after my partner had taken a dozen of them home that I found out it took 6 months for them to color up. The place I bought the pair from gave me no heads up on the smalls. :facepalm:

I was thinking it might be the blush on a blushing angel.

Back
Top Bottom