Reef Octopus NW150 HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadSneak

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I recently purchased a Reef Octopus Skimmer NW150 and I'm going crazy trying to get this thing running how its supposed to. I cant get to skim without my collection cup getting filled with water. Need help please! before I throw this thing out the window. Thank you in advance guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
How deep do you have it in your sump and is it in a section where the water level never changes?

Its in about 8.5 inches of water, the water level never changes on that section...

To dial in my skimmers I usually start at the most closed position and adjust a teeny tiny bit until it works. Just remember to give it maybe 15 minutes between adjustments.

Also new skimmers take on average 2 weeks to break in, so that may be the issue as well.

carey said:
To dial in my skimmers I usually start at the most closed position and adjust a teeny tiny bit until it works. Just remember to give it maybe 15 minutes between adjustments.

Also new skimmers take on average 2 weeks to break in, so that may be the issue as well.

So I should close the valve completely? Where should the water level be inside the skimmer?

It should tell you somewhere. Usually it's between 7 and 9 inches. I start with the smallest setting and work my way up. :)

Back
Top Bottom