Rena Filstar XP3 Media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roland6543 said:
The Rena markings do not show anywhere on my box or filter. The only viable branding is API.

That really is a change. My filter was branded as a Rena. I just can't believe that API would realistically save the company money by packaging an excellent filter without any real protection. The cost of filter returns and loss of some customers seems like an odd business strategy.

As long as the filters stay high quality I'll order another one for my next tank. If it comes in broken I may change my mind. This is sad news.

CorallineAlgae said:
I just can't believe that API would realistically save the company money by packaging an excellent filter without any real protection. The cost of filter returns and loss of some customers seems like an odd business strategy.

I totally agree. Frankly, it would be a dumb strategy. I've sent API an email with a copy of my Amazon review. I'll let you know what happens.

Yep definetely not straight from amazon. I bought a marineland penguin 350 filter off of amazon and shipped from amazon themselves and here's how mine arrived.

ForumRunner_20120902_190655.jpg

ForumRunner_20120902_190807.jpg

I'm glad they replaced it for you, but then again you got another one with damage. If I am buying anything brand new I expect to get it with zero damage.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120902_190610.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120902_190610.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154
The Rena markings do not show anywhere on my box or filter. The only viable branding is API.
mine was purchased last year :) I just mentioned that simply because I was a little surprised. I guess they were making the association way before I realized. I needed water conditioner and didnt have alot of time, but I quickly went into my LFS, and while there I mentioned in. the guy opened the box up and showed me the insides, and it was packed like we all would expect it to be.

yours definitely made a pitstop or went thru drop-shipping or sometihng

pcdebb said:
the guy opened the box up and showed me the insides, and it was packed like we all would expect it to be.

Thanks for checking. Was it the new branding with only API and no mention of Rena?

What might be happening is a broker is buying seconds, and returns of these filters and wholesaling them threw a vendor or maybe several threw Amazon. A returned filter would partially explain the lack of proper packing, and damage. Just a theory:whistle:

I love these filters but as I said earlier I got mine some years ago and my xp3 was only 89.00 and now they are asking 100.00 for the xp1. Inflation or not I think that kind of a price jump is crazy. They are great filters, mine are probably 5 years old. I have replaced the "O" rings in all of them once since I got them and they are all still in service now. When I boulght mine the packaging was all styrofoam shaped to fit tight around the canister and all of the attachments were in their own container and stretch wrapped so they could'nt roll around in the box. I think the one person here is correct when they said that these could be seconds and/or returns being resold. That's a shame they have to take a good product and run it into the ground like that.

On a final note, I sent API an email detailing the issue I had. They have had the email for 2 weeks. No reply. So, even if the package was repacked by a third party, the absence of any form of response be API suggests that their customer support is NOT good.

The filter......? Running along very nicely. Priming is super easy. Quiet. Flow is good, even with all the chambers full of media.

On a final note, I sent API an email detailing the issue I had. They have had the email for 2 weeks. No reply. So, even if the package was repacked by a third party, the absence of any form of response be API suggests that their customer support is NOT good.

The filter......? Running along very nicely. Priming is super easy. Quiet. Flow is good, even with all the chambers full of media.

I had better luck calling them directly as opposed to email. They were very helpful. Glad the filter is working well for you. I really like the Filstar XP filters.

Roland6543 said:

Happy to hear the filter's still as high qualiy as ever. I love them. It's sad to hear their customer service doesn't measure up to their products. That's never a good sign. :(

Roland6543 said:

Any updates about the filter now that you've had it running a while?

Back
Top Bottom