return pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a 75 gallon all glass reef ready ( in progress ) i think the overflow is rated at 600 gph. what return pump should i use? i am going to have a SCWD in line and at least on tee to feed water to my fuge section of the sump. possibly another tee before the SCWD so that i can branch off and have some return in the tank contantly agitating the surface in stead of alternating with the SCWD. and of course another tee to direct water back to the sump if the pump is too powerful. i was thingking of a mag 12 due to the SCWD and all the extra plumbing

thanks
steve r

With all that extra stuff ya a Mag 12 might be needed. I was going to initally suggest a Mag9.

I have a Mag9.5 on my 90. I had to add another overflow box to my tank to handle the output of the pump. It is a powerfull pump!
I'm thinking about adding an SCWD to my system but I don't want to cut my flow down too much...I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

Just keep in mind that the SCWD can only handle 1400 GPH MAX. I use a Mag 9.5 for my 60 gal and at times it seems like too much. I separated my returns to 4 lines, alternating side to side with my SCWD unit. Works nicely!

thanks for the input. here is another question. could i plumb another tee with two ball valves, one for my phosban reactor and one for a UV super twist? seems if i have a way to control the flow ( with the ball valves ) that would be fine. i would rather not put powerheads in my sump to feed those two units

thanks again
steve ruppa

Back
Top Bottom