RO Auto shutoff switch install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put my RO unit in the utility room in my basement. It has a floor drain in there so that is a bonus. I have run pvc from this room to my fish room but I did not do anything with it yet.

Maybe one day :)

Thanks for the info.

This thing is really ticking me off. I've put the shutoff in about every possible configuration and I can't get it to work. No matter where it goes or how it's plumbed it's not shutting off the waste water flow, and it makes this vibrating whine that I can hear across the house. The only time I've gotten it to work was by placing the switched side of the shutoff across the waste water line itself. It shut down pretty quick then, but I don't know if that would damage the membrane or anything else so I took it out. I don't know if I have a bad shutoff or what, but I'm getting tired of playing with it. BTW, I'm not on well water and have good water pressure so i don't think that's a concern. I also replaced the float valve with a ball valve while I'm messing with it, so I'm getting a positive seal on the output. The RO part seems to be working fine, its just that darn shutoff that's driving me nuts.

just remember that the RO filter is a preassurized system. It may take a few moments for the waste water line to stop. If you simply turn off the supply water manualy (at the faucet) how long does it take for the waste line to stop?

Back
Top Bottom