ro/di filters, any suggestionson brands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
has anyone heard of this-
:Suzaku Phoenix
:4-Stage
:Reverse Osmosis Deionization
:(RO/DI) Water Filter

i need to get one but i only have a 55 gallon tank. no need for a high gpd production. i would like to stay as affordable as posible.thanks :wink:

I am also very interested on a good RO/DI unit. One of my moms clowns just got ich and it would be so much better if we could just make our own saltwater.

I have a Kent Marine Maxxima and I am very pleased with its performance. It is a 24 GPD and I service my 100 gal and 125 gal with it fine.

thesuthern1 said:
I have a Kent Marine Maxxima and I am very pleased with its performance. It is a 24 GPD and I service my 100 gal and 125 gal with it fine.

I've got one as well, mine is a 60 gpd and i love it, no problems so far.

I bought a 110GPD from FilterDirect off of e-bay and I love it. No problems here. It's a 6-stage RO/DI unit that i got for about 110 bucks. I installed it under my sink and use it for great fresh tasting water and use the DI for my fishtanks.

Yup, me too. Filterdirect gave me an awesome unit, six stage, for $95 + 22.50 shipping. It produces plenty of water and the clear housings on the DI's are very helpful.

Love mine.

My mom is a health nut and she is going to buy an ro/di unit because she read that you shouldn't drink tapwater from the sink because of all these reasons. She gets something out of it and so do I. Good deal.

Then make sure it's the one with the holding tank. That version has a bypass valve that extracts water prior to the DI.

You don't want to keep drinking DI water. Not healthy. RO definitely. DI, no.

runway1 said:
Then make sure it's the one with the holding tank. That version has a bypass valve that extracts water prior to the DI.

You don't want to keep drinking DI water. Not healthy. RO definitely. DI, no.

I just got an RO system with a DI and i was wondering why it is not healthy to drink. Is this something that i should really be concerned about?

if you got a RO with DI, chances are there are two outputs. one is RO and the other is RODI. Drink the RO.

I'm no health expert, but the idea is that RODI is essentially a strong solvent and will strip nutrients out of your blood. maybe this is a myth, but it's often repeated. either way RO is clean (and tasty) enough for me.

The holding tank gives a few gallons of either, and I have a nice tap to use from drinking.

Back
Top Bottom