RO/DI Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I am just trying to get some input in setting up another canister for my RO/DI unit. I received another canister from where I ordered it from and now I don't know if I should use it as another DI canister or use it as another Sediment Filter or Micron filter. I have a 5 stage RO/DI filter.
Let me know if you guys have any Suggestions on what I should do with it....

:)

Thanks

I would just use it as a filter. You dont need two DI cartridges. JMO

Would that affect my GPD? Right now it's 75GPD so would that reduce my GPD? Would I need to upgrade my RO membrane?

If not them which filter should I use it as because there are a couple different ones?

Why doy feel like you need another stage? Is the 5 stages not working like they should? Also moving this to the General hardware and equipment discussion.

Why doy feel like you need another stage? Is the 5 stages not working like they should? Also moving this to the General hardware and equipment discussion.

Oh my systems working great it's just I have this extra canister sitting around so I thought I might as well put it to use since I have it might as well build a 6 stage. If I can. Thats why I just wanted some thought on what I should add another filter or DI.... :D

A 2nd DI is a waste. If you need to use the canister for something, fill it with GFO and use it as a GFO reactor.

Yeah it's sort of kind of a Spare but when I ordered my system my DI canister came in chipped so I emailed the Seller and he said I will just send you out a New one... There was no questions asked. But when I started use the damaged canister it was still in good shape to use so I never changed it out. So now I have this brand new RO/DI canister that's just sitting around as a Spare but I know i can put it to use since they sent me a New Canister. That's all I am asking just to see if I can added another Filter to my existing RO/DI unit. ccCapt recommended use it as a GFO but I could even use it as a Hang-ON back on my Aquarium and I don't have a Sump System. So i was just thinking to use this extra canister and build it to a 6 stage and be done with it...

Back
Top Bottom