RO/DI Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just ordered the unit thanks for the good info everybody im sure my future fish will thank u as well for i also didnt realize how important it really is

scottayy said:
Reverse Osmosis De-ionization filtration removes all of the impurities found in tap water and leaves you with pure water.

The stuff in there is bad for saltwater fish and the salt mix will provide them with all of the minerals and things they need.

I got ya, thank you all i needed to know

scottayy said:
I have the same one Carey posted and I have it installed under my sink. I like the permanent spot for it and I just turn the ball valve when I need to make water.

The tap still works too whether making water or not.

And I'm not sure, but I don't think you're supposed to drink ro/di water. I mean, I don't know if it can hurt, but it doesn't have any nutrients or ANYTHING in it.

Why would it be bad to drink? Most bottled water is prepared by reverse osmosis. The only thing you would be losing would be the fluoride they put in tap water but you get all the fluoride you need from toothpaste

There is actually a disease you can get from drinking pure water. All our bodies are designed to handle non pure water, the bacteria in water keeps our immune system busy, pure water puts your immune system into overdrive but theirs nothin to attack, so it begins to destroy your gut. It takes a while to happen to you but it's supposed to be extremely painful, I wouldn't drink it

JVS__RAMBO said:
bulkreefsupply has some nice one I bought the 5 stage plus 75 gpd unit($199.99 free shipping). Works really well made 75 gallons in under 24 hours and bulk reef supply comes with a number of fittings so you can hook it up under the sink on top or to a garden hose, whatever. They also have videos on the website to show you how to install. www.bulkreefsupply.com

I've got the same unit as Rambo,...and echo his comments

Big-j said:
There is actually a disease you can get from drinking pure water. All our bodies are designed to handle non pure water, the bacteria in water keeps our immune system busy, pure water puts your immune system into overdrive but theirs nothin to attack, so it begins to destroy your gut. It takes a while to happen to you but it's supposed to be extremely painful, I wouldn't drink it

I agree with you on saying that our bodies weren't meant to drink pure water. Not saying you're wrong, but the immune system thing sounds flawed. I'm a microbiology student and that makes no sense. Your immune system has plenty of stuff to attack trust me

I can't remember where i read that, I think it was in a biology textbook idk I'll see if I can find it to quote though

Dary421 said:
I've got the same unit as Rambo,...and echo his comments

Thanks that one looks really good! I'm leaning towards that one.

@big-j I don't want you to go through a lot of trouble I'm just saying that drinking pure water would not cause an auto-immune disease which is what you are saying when you say your immune system will attack your stomach. That would not make any sense. Drinking pure water would rob you of fluoride, but brushing your teeth would combat dental problems

Back
Top Bottom