RO/DI unit - Typhoon 5 Stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madhatter208

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I forget where the heck the post is so heres a new one.

Someone was asking bout RO/DI units and wanted to know how the Typhoon 5 stage RO/DI unit that I had just got worked.

Well its hooked up and I've done the little steps they instruct ya to do when 1st starting out.

Thus far the unit works great.

Hell my dad is getting into it w/ out saying he is. He built a frame to put the RO/DI unit on, as well as put in a spigot w/ on off for the water so no punkchering of pipes was needed. Drains right into the sink.

I have a feeling He'll be using this water that he < cough.. cough > Isnt interested in, for his Orchids.

I havent timed how long it takes for 1gal but here are my readings if it helps

Tap water = 151 ppm
RO only = 6ppm
RO/DI = 0 ppm

I got the 75gal per day unit w/ the hose connector. with the hook up that my dad installed all i had to do was twist on the connector open the spigot and away it went.

Sorry but I dont see it mentioned. What are the tests below refering to? What are you testing for rather...

Tap water = 151 ppm
RO only = 6ppm
RO/DI = 0 ppm

Hes testing the DOCs. It shows that straight from the tap he is getting 151ppm, with RO only 6ppm, and after it goes therought both RO and DI his DOCs are 0.

Back
Top Bottom