RO/DI water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have read many forums where drinking rodi water is harmful. This was due to rodi water having zero tds and being acidic. Is it ok to drink if mixing with tang or kool aid? I had 0 tds water and mixed some kool aid with sugar. This now made it 360 tds. Ultimate question here is, "is this safe to drink?"

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It should be just fine. The last I heard it was due to ions being unstable was the last theory I read on it being 'undrinkable'.
With that said, flash over to the latest in water filtration...they filter it down to 0 TDS with 5 stage filtration! Sounds pretty familiar to me minus the resin stage...

Very true. I bought a separate 3 stage ro unit, 2 years ago from Home Depot. This unit has 2 carbon block stages and the ro membrane. This unit is intended to provide drinking water for people. Tds is 14. Two years drinking this water and I don't feel any less healthy. Thanks for the info. So by adding tds, the ions become neutralized?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom