Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Congrats on your gift
I just got mine setup on Saturday, just trying to fine tune it and some items came up missing and broken, i am picking them up tomorrow, now i am trying to see if i should buy the net module, just dont know if its worth it.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I debated the same thing and in the end I choose no net module. I mean how often am I really gonna need remote access to my tanks? lol I am hoping to setup failsafes as well so the setup should automatically do what i would do remotely. Like if the Ph gets too high I will have the ATO stop so it doesnt put any more kalk laced top off water into the system. If the temperature goes out of whack i can have the controller just turn off the heater, no need to tell it remotely.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I debated the same thing and in the end I choose no net module. I mean how often am I really gonna need remote access to my tanks? lol I am hoping to setup failsafes as well so the setup should automatically do what i would do remotely. Like if the Ph gets too high I will have the ATO stop so it doesnt put any more kalk laced top off water into the system. If the temperature goes out of whack i can have the controller just turn off the heater, no need to tell it remotely.
How much is the price difference?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

I agree with carey, but when its all said and done, are you a reef junkie that need to just see what your tanks(s) are doing? As for myself i would like to setup maybe a cam instead...lol..
Ibrahim the cost is 119.00.
what do you think? worth it or not ?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I also took into account the fact that I would need another outlet module and the moonlighting module. I hope to get the SL2 module as well so I can monitor my salinity. In the end if this thing works out as well in real life as it seems to on paper I want to hook up another tank to it.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

good point!! question for you, the moonlighting module? with what particular light systems is that?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The moonlighting module is just pods that hook up to the RKE adna re controllable through that.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

@Carey, I have a brand new RKL with another PC4 sitting in a box. Marine Depot was having a huge sale earlier this month and I got:
ReefKeeper Lite + SL1 Expansion Unit w/ FREE pH Probe for $189.99
Digital Aquatics RKM-PC4 for $89.99

I was hoping for the NET module, but that alone is quite expensive.
Now I see the Apex JR is available with the built web server. I need to add the pH probe and another 4 outlet, but this unit seems to be easier to setup AND i get to check on things from the office, or be alerted if something goes out of whack by text message a/o email.

So I will be returning the RKL and waiting for M-D to get the Apex JR in stock. If I could get a full refund instead of a credit I would buy the Apex at a place that has them in stock.

Just throwing it out there as something you may want to look at. Good luck and thank that boyfriend of yours for a very nice present.

Merry Christmas!
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Carey , where should I put the iTemp probe? Tank or sump ?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

You can put the probe anywhere. I would put it in the sump so it's out of site. But, it's up to you.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com