Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Santa is Bringing me the RKE Controller!!

So, it's pretty clear that santa is getting me this controller.

Reef Keeper ELITE V2 System by Digital Aquatics - AquaCave

Has anyone else gotten this one and what was it really like? I've read all the owners manuals online so I have a pretty definite idea on how I am going to use it. I also watched the BRS video on programming it which makes it seem so easy! lol I even bought a netbook so I can have my own computer for my tank stuff.

What I want to know are there any surprises in programming it or getting firmware updates or anything weird?

This will be hooked up to my 125g reef tank and if this controller is all that it's supposed to be, I want to try to hook up my next build of my 60g rimless coral tank.

Thats another great question, has anyone used any controllers to monitor and control multiple tanks?

Thanks everyone, let me know what you think! I am so very excited, I can't wait for Christmas morning. I think I will be playing with it for the whole day.
__________________

__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
C'mon someone has to have this controller? LOL

Or did everyone go with the apex instead? Hehe....

I'd like to know what modules others have installed and especially the moon light pods...I have no idea how many I need for a 6 foot tank.
__________________

__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hardridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
So, it's pretty clear that santa is getting me this controller.

Reef Keeper ELITE V2 System by Digital Aquatics - AquaCave

Has anyone else gotten this one and what was it really like? I've read all the owners manuals online so I have a pretty definite idea on how I am going to use it. I also watched the BRS video on programming it which makes it seem so easy! lol I even bought a netbook so I can have my own computer for my tank stuff.

What I want to know are there any surprises in programming it or getting firmware updates or anything weird?

This will be hooked up to my 125g reef tank and if this controller is all that it's supposed to be, I want to try to hook up my next build of my 60g rimless coral tank.

Thats another great question, has anyone used any controllers to monitor and control multiple tanks?

Thanks everyone, let me know what you think! I am so very excited, I can't wait for Christmas morning. I think I will be playing with it for the whole day.
Ihsve the lite and it's awesome. Gonna do the up grade soon
__________________
Hardridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,559
Its soo expensive though lol I thought of getting one but then I thought I could set up another nano with the money lol I'm so cheap.
__________________
Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Congrats! Merry Christmas! I bet you can't wait to get it and see what it can do, you will have to let us know some of the cool things it can do.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
From what I've read and researched it should be able to do just about anything as long as the device or equipment plugs in.

Just curious if anyone has had any issues or anything at all. It's a BIG expense and I want as much information as possible before the boyfriend plunks down well over $300. LOL

I'm hoping to get the sl2 module soon so I can monitor salinity as well. Plus I want the moonlight controllers but have no idea how many lights I'd need. I have no moonlights on any of my tanks and am so excited that i may finally get some. lol

If it really does work like advertised I may upgrade to the net model, you can control and monitor your tank when youre not even there! turn off lights, pumps etc... would be excellent for those that go out of town for a few days. I'm just hoping it is as user friendly as it looks in the BRS video. Those guys made it look like it was stupid simple. lol
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hardridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
From what I've read and researched it should be able to do just about anything as long as the device or equipment plugs in.

Just curious if anyone has had any issues or anything at all. It's a BIG expense and I want as much information as possible before the boyfriend plunks down well over $300. LOL

I'm hoping to get the sl2 module soon so I can monitor salinity as well. Plus I want the moonlight controllers but have no idea how many lights I'd need. I have no moonlights on any of my tanks and am so excited that i may finally get some. lol

If it really does work like advertised I may upgrade to the net model, you can control and monitor your tank when youre not even there! turn off lights, pumps etc... would be excellent for those that go out of town for a few days. I'm just hoping it is as user friendly as it looks in the BRS video. Those guys made it look like it was stupid simple. lol
It is I figured it out so very simple. Their manuel sucks though. Go on google to find out how anythg works. I have had great experience with their codtomer customer service
__________________
Hardridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardridge View Post
It is I figured it out so very simple. Their manuel sucks though. Go on google to find out how anythg works. I have had great experience with their codtomer customer service

Thanks for the input! It seems very easy to use just wanted a person who actually had one to chime in. lol Glad their support is good, you never know Only 5 more days til I get it! woot woot!

Do you have the moon light module by chance? I was told that 2 or 3 pods would be enough to light a 6 foot tank and that just seems like not enough to me...
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Hardridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey

Thanks for the input! It seems very easy to use just wanted a person who actually had one to chime in. lol Glad their support is good, you never know Only 5 more days til I get it! woot woot!

Do you have the moon light module by chance? I was told that 2 or 3 pods would be enough to light a 6 foot tank and that just seems like not enough to me...
I have two blues on a 4ft tank and going to add two whites DI 3 would be best. I just found out mt kids are getting me upgrade for Xmas
__________________
Hardridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
Yay for christmas! lol So three should do it hmmm....nice....

My LFS suggested I put in 2 blues, 2 whites and 2 reds and to ramp them up at different times. Apparently they are dimmable too! ? Not sure what i woudl do with those 3 colors though and even when I would ramp them up. lol
__________________

__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
controller

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing Home the Holiday Cheer- one fish at a time Reefs2go.com Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 0 12-08-2011 04:37 PM
DIY Water Flow Controller? StevesPrettyCool General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 11 11-23-2011 03:38 PM
bringing out the color!!! abrahamavelar Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 12 11-13-2011 02:20 PM
Swap: FT Maxspect G2-160 LED light and digital controller NEW Pyroburn Archive 0 11-10-2011 12:20 PM
Wanted: WTB- Apex Controller Pyroburn Archive 0 11-09-2011 01:39 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.