Seacone protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any experience with the SeaCone protein skimmer? I purchased one new from my LFS, it was recommended by the guy that works there. I understand its not the best one on the market, but the price was right. Anyway, I've had it running for about 2 weeks now and I'm getting some foam and also a lot of micro bubbles. My tank is fairly new (about 2 months). I know it can take some time for a skimmer to break in, but I thought it would be good by now. Will adjusting the air flow help? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have used the sea clone for a while as a start up skimmer. I recently updated to an asm skimmer.

The seaclone air intake does need to be adjusted so the bubbles start going up but not so far as to get into the collection cup. It is important to remember that it will only take out dissolved solids if they are present. Do you have a small or large bio load in your tank?

The seaclone, and any skimmer, will appear to stop working when there aren't dissolved solids present (usually because the skimmer took them all out). It will continue to work once solids return in tue system.

2 damsels, 2 clowns, coral beauty angel, and royal gramma. Also 6 hermit crabs, 5 snails, 2 shrimp. Thanks for the advise, that answered a lot of my questions about the skimmer.

Look at what collects in the cup. If its a little transparent then it is getting too many bubbles. It should be an emerald green color.

Back
Top Bottom