settings for a ai-prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gteets

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well i finally caved and purchased the ai prime led. the actinic set up on my biocube just wasnt cutting it with my corals and being used for about 6 years it was about to catch fire. so my husband ripped out the guts cut a small hole in the lid to my biocube 14 and mounted the light. the only problem is im not sure what to set the ai prime's settings too. im worried leaving the lights on too long will cause a bacteria outbreak/ algae issue. i just completely broke the tank down as i lost a battle with cyanobacteria, bleached everything, and replaced 75 percent of the water. unfortunately my clown fish didnt make the transition however all of the invertebrates did:blink:. its now been about 2 weeks no more fatalities so i decided to add a cleaner shrimp and some frags today with my new light.
so far i have it set on 3 hour ramp time, sunrise at 10:30am and sunset at 4:30pm with all the colors at 60%
ai doesnt really give you any instructions on what to set the initial settings at. i also dont want to shock the tank by finally having a real light lol :confused:

Back
Top Bottom