Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ahh ok. I looked at the other tab lol. Sometimes I can be daft.
Backtracking abit, but it the following sump and eqipment useless to me?

Can I try to make that one work or is it just best to sell it off on craigslist or is there some other application i can use it for?

Old 04-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict

what size is it,could you rig it up to be a fry tank or QT

David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's 20 length, 16 height and 8 deep. it has the bio ball section in it and a partial acrylic wall between the center chamber and the right side compartment. It's cut at an angle on top too, it doesn't go straight across.

It was used on a 125g fowlr tank. I guess I was wondering if its totally useless to use on a 125g reef tank? Or maybe on a 55g/75g reef tank? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks david for the response!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Carey,...I've been running the pro flex sump for a few months now and they work great,...I run my refugium in the middle section and my return pump in section three,...my monster protein skimmer sits outside the sump and is powered by a separate pump within the sump.....as I stated in another thread the other day about this sump,...I would purchase a couple more filter socks so you could swap them out for cleaning during your weekly water changes, they do tend to get rather dirty quickly ( and that's a good thing,...it shows that the really do work)...if I had to do it all over again I'd probably build one myself but at the time this seemed like the way to go for me,....and so far it's been a nice investment.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Activist

with those dimensions that sump is about 11 gallons. If some of the volume is taken out because of the angle then its much less. I'd highly prefer to stay away from it for a tank that big. However, any sump is better then no sump I guess. It could work, but I'd recommend either selling it, or saving/using it for another task. It could still be put to good use. =)

Also, with the mentioning of a bioball section, here's what I've heard about bioballs. They are supposedly not the best to have, unless you keep up on your maintenance and cleaning. (Not sure if any of this was stated, or if you already know it). For a bioball section I'd personally use some other type of filtration, whether it be a bioball replacement, some carbon if needed, or something else.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks guys. yeah, I'm aware of the drawbacks to bioballs, they are out of the filter for a reason. lol

I guess I'll just keep it for now. Maybe I can pawn it off to whoever buys my 29g sw setup.

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com