Sumps sumps and more sumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can not get all of mine in one pic. I can only get 3 ft away from it to take picture because of a wall and it is 8 ft long.

I'm currently in the process of DIY'ing mine, only got the exterior acrylic walls cut. Can't wait to see pics of what you guys got, hopefully it'll give me ideas on how to do my fuge, etc. Mines is only 2ft long, holding approx. 15 gals...so i can get mines in one pic.

Brendan, in my search for corals locally, i was told about a guy who has a 800+ gal. system at his house, with corals and what not. You're not gonna stand for that are you? Time to kick it up a notch and then use the 500 as a sump. :lol:

How about a diagram? 808: I have been making plans for a 2000 gal when I add on to the house this year. Not sure what I might do now. The "How much power does you tank use" thread has got me thinking. :D

Wow, 2000 gal? What are you planning to put in there, i don't think you can legally purchase sea turtles and dolphins haha. I think i'm gonna make a drawing in MS paint and then post it up in the DIY forum, see if anybody has suggestions or improvements...which i'm sure there will be. I've gotten lots of useful advice on here.

Brenden said:
I can not get all of mine in one pic. I can only get 3 ft away from it to take picture because of a wall and it is 8 ft long.

Semi-side view, then! :lol:

Here is a pic of mine. Fuge is in the sump and my frag tank is on the left. Top off container is on the right but I have replaced it with a bigger container. That is temporary though. I need a 55 gal drum :) Need a bigger frag tank too ;)

Sump and frag system is bigger than my display...

Attachments

• sump_0919_145.jpg
    sump_0919_145.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 31
My version:

img_575880_0_95f9daa5c5df9c92ccd9b82ad263bfa2.jpg

mrcrazypants05 said:
What size sump is that, Zenn?

it's 18 gallons. It seems to work pretty good for how small it is. I have consistently had readings of 0 for nitrates(trites) and ammonia the last 6 months.

hackteck said:
also how are your new additions doing so far?

good. Everything is good so far. The firefish pair are even best friends surprisingly.

Back
Top Bottom