T5 bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. If it has a wood hood on top, what then? Or canopy, w/e you want to call it.

Ahh then that'd be a different setup I think. If I had a canopy I would go with a retrofit kit. You basically mount the bulbs and ballasts up underneath the canopy. Some people also have used regular lights and legs, kinda depends on the canopy. If it does have a canopy, you can hang the teks from that I think. :)

here's a link

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...aquarium-lighting/t5-retro-fit-kits-and-parts

you want a 6' fixture. they do make them. they are 6 or 8 x 39 watts per side. i would definitely go with 8 lamps per side. i knew a guy with a 30" deep tank that had a 14 lamp (7 per side) fixture and he kept clams on the sand bed, so 2 less lamps isn't going to kill you, but if you can pick up a fixture with the extra 2 bulbs easily, i say go for it.
if you do have a decent canopy you can screw lighting to, i would use the 60" lamps and stagger them. as far as the colors, there are a few different options per each bulb company.
let me know what you end up with and then we'll go from there.

mr_X said:
you want a 6' fixture. they do make them. they are 6 or 8 x 39 watts per side. i would definitely go with 8 lamps per side. i knew a guy with a 30" deep tank that had a 14 lamp (7 per side) fixture and he kept clams on the sand bed, so 2 less lamps isn't going to kill you, but if you can pick up a fixture with the extra 2 bulbs easily, i say go for it.
if you do have a decent canopy you can screw lighting to, i would use the 60" lamps and stagger them. as far as the colors, there are a few different options per each bulb company.
let me know what you end up with and then we'll go from there.

K, I will... May try to go see it today, just to get pics.

I've got an aluminum brace going over the top of my 125g Tank. Length is 5Ft. Do you suggest getting just one 5ft fixture, or getting 2 smaller fixtures? Just thinking the heat from the lighting will affect the aluminum brace somehow.

the heat from a t5 fixture won't effect the brace. i would definitely get the 5' t5 HO fixture if i had a 5' tank. what are the exact dimensions of your 5' tank?

My tank is 60"L x 18"W x 26"H. Really wish it wasn't as tall as it is wide but i got it off of CL for $50.

Mr X- I was just given a 55 gallon tank. I have the coralife t5 light fixture. I need to replace the bulbs. What do u recommend? I have lots of colorful fish and some coral. I'd like the colors to really pop.

Back
Top Bottom