T5 bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
depends on what you want to keep. if you intend on clams, nems and high light needing sps i say splurge on the extra 2 bulbs. :)

Mr. X. Need your advice again. There are no 60" bulbs in the UV or GE. Where do I go from here?

depends on what you want to keep. if you intend on clams, nems and high light needing sps i say splurge on the extra 2 bulbs. :)

They only come in 60", that mean I gotta hang it on the ceiling or will the brackets work? :confused:

They sell a bracket on BRS, but is it going to be long enough? My tank will be 72", correct? Am i missing something?

Ahh I see. Hmm not so sure, maybe someone with that lighting system will hopefully chime in. Sometimes the legs mount on the sides adnit makes it adjustable, but not sure it would go an extra 12 inches.

Maybe I should call them.... Can you call your hook up over there? lol

lemme shoot him an email and see what that gets me. actually I'll give a call over and see what they say.

Ok, unfortunately the legs will only add 2- maybe 3 inches on each side. he reccomended hanging as the best option or using acrylic blocks on either end to have the light sit on. :-( he said he wouldnt invest in the legs personally.

Sorry for the bad news...But maybe you can hang them? I wish I could hang my lights, easy access to the tank and what not.

Wow... That sucks.... And ATI is the only ones with 60" lights too...

I know right? Is there a chance you can hang them? I owuld have hung ALL my lighting fixturs if it werent for these sloped high ceilings I have. I love the look and the availability to the actual tank. It takes 2 people to remove the 6 foot light on my 125g which is a HUGE hassle.

The only other option is to build a brace on the back wall or the frame of the tank stand and attach the lights to that.

I rent for now... so it'll be a pain... Idk, maybe two 36"? lol... Ugh, decisions...

Is the tank a two parter or a three parter? I have two support beams on my 6 foot tank so 36" lights wouldnt work so well. But my FW 125g has just one support beam so I have 2 36" fixtures on that one.

I;d def try to see what kind of supports it has. 2 36" inch ones might do the trick! And it would for sure be easier to clean and remove. I'd need 3 24" fixtures for my 125g reef and I thought that it would just look silly. lol

A glass hood or the big black ones? Are you planning on running open top? do you have a picture handy of the tank you'll be getting , maybe we can tell from the picture.

No pics. Just know its a 150g with hood and stand. Won't see it till Thursday.

Well at lest you'll know before having to make a decision on lighting. My best guess is that it will be a single brace in the middle which would allow for 2 36"'s. But I guess we have to wait to find out for sure. :-( BOOO

Back
Top Bottom