T5 bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
How often do I need to change my t5 bulbs? And is there anyway to test if they're still good?

every 6 mo. should be ok. You could test with a par meter but they are very expensive

Yep, I go from 9-12 months usually. :) I find I get more of a green algae that coats the glass when its time to replace.

Yep, I go from 9-12 months usually. :) I find I get more of a green algae that coats the glass when its time to replace.

Is the green algae hard to scrape off the glass ?? Mine just started that.. It's green and some brown.. My mag cleaner has a rough time getting rid of it, is there another easier way to clean it off?

I get the fuzzy powder like green algae which comes right off with the mag float. You might want to try one of those razor scrapers, I get mine at petco for like $8 and they work great, its a little tedious to do but it will get the job done.

I get the fuzzy powder like green algae which comes right off with the mag float. You might want to try one of those razor scrapers, I get mine at petco for like $8 and they work great, its a little tedious to do but it will get the job done.

Awesome thanks a lot Carey!

Back
Top Bottom