T5 HO lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 2 x 39W 42" T8 lights and is thinking of upgrading to some T5 HO. But the T5 tubes only comes in either 34" 39W or 46" 54W. My hood will not taking anything longer than 42", but the 36" seems a little bit short. Do you think a 36" will be strong enough to light up the ends of the tank? Should the tube run the full length of the tank?

Yup, stagger the bulbs. 1 to the far left and the other to the far right. Overlap in the middle.

Good Luck,
Brian

That's fine. You may get a little bit of a color spectrum on the ends, but I don't think it will be a major issue.

Well, That might be a problem then. Can you fit the T5 HO bulbs as well as the T8's? That might be a better solution.
Brian

I don't have room for both T5 and T8s. Is one or the other. I think I'll stick to the T8 for now. But I don't understand why they don't make a 42" for T5.

T5 is a newer technology. There is not yet a high enough demmand for it to make as many variations. There are also fewer choices for spectrum in T5 than T8.

Back
Top Bottom