Taotronics vs Radion leds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimaT

Aquarium Advice Activist
i currently run 1 radion led on my 3ft 46gal tank and it is doing a great job lighting my reef. i have a lot of happy sps corals under the radion and think its time to upgrade to a bigger 180gal 6' tank and was just wondering if i should get another radion led fixture to cover the the other 3ft of the tank? or should i get two taotronics 120w fixtures and have the radion in the middle. maybe there are other good led products that can support sps corals and are less expensive than the radion and better than taotronics?
my budget is $700

i am going for a energy efficient light fixtures because i don't want to spend a lot of money on my electricity bill.
:thanks:

In my opinion, the 120watt LEDs are amazing for the price... I have 1 over my 38 gallon reef and I'm able to keep anemones and sps

I have 2 Toatronics over my 55g for about 2 weeks. If your running custom settings on your Radion, youd be better of keeping it Radions IMO.

run my radion on 20k morning, 14k day, and blues before night time.

You will need 3 of whichever fixture you choose to cover a 6' tank. it all depends on how much you want to spend and what functions you want your fixture to have. Either one will grow corals just fine.

I have 3 Tao's over my 175 gallon 6' bow front. Works great.

thanks guys. been hearing a lot of good things about the Taotronics... going to try them out.
just wondering if they are energy-efficient?

They are 120 watts each. A comparable fixture would probably be a 250 watt metal halide, which would need a new lamp every 8-12 months.

Back
Top Bottom