Hello again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey there fishy friends!

I have not been active on here in ages and I have so missed the community. I hope all of you are doing well and have navigated the crazy that has been our world these past few years.

Sadly all the tanks I once had I left behind in a recent move (relocated to NJ). The 40B (FW) was given to a friend of mine put it to good use. All the other tanks I could not get people to come get them for free so they went to the curb. I have no idea if anyone picked them up or not.

So now that I have settled (temporarily in an apartment) here in NJ, I am itching to put up a small tank. In true Ziggy style I went as overboard as I possibly could. Picked up a 10g tank (about as big as I want to deal with in this place) and changed my mind about 50 times what I was going to do. Started out as a simple Walstad low tech tank and has now morphed into a super ultra high-tech tank with a freaking Radion XR15 G5. I figured since I have all this high-tech stuff laying around might as well use it right?

Any way, lots of fun stuff coming. All the crap I have ordered for a 10g tank that cost $29 is a little ridiculous but what are you going to do?

Its good to be back and I look forward to chatting with you guys again!

I will start a thread for the 10g tank.

Any thoughts on the name? If you want to see some of the stuff I have done in the past there should be a few threads from me around still.

Talk to you all soon!

Ziggy

What are you gonna put in there?

Welcome back & good luck to you, Ziggy.

What are you gonna put in there?

Welcome back & good luck to you, Ziggy.

That is a very good question.

Right now the only think I know for sure is shrimp. Haven't decided what shrimp exactly. I will be limited with such a small tank but should still be fun.

Fire away with suggestions!

For a small tank, I’d go with guppies & platy fish. I have some mixed in with other bigger fish in a 55 G community tank. The guppies and platy are so colorful. I happen to have all boy guppies. Not sure about the other fish.

Never owned any shrimp, but have seen some gorgeous ones. And some creepy saltwater ones that looked like scary bugs.

For a small tank, I’d go with guppies & platy fish. I have some mixed in with other bigger fish in a 55 G community tank. The guppies and platy are so colorful. I happen to have all boy guppies. Not sure about the other fish.

Never owned any shrimp, but have seen some gorgeous ones. And some creepy saltwater ones that looked like scary bugs.

I have always loved my guppies. Colors can be amazing. I will likely go with something even smaller for this tank. Maybe some purple rasbora or green rice fish. I am in a new area and have not visited the LFS so there is no telling what they have.

Welcome back! I’m still here but don’t really add much as I only have reef tanks currently and 98% of the forum is fw but your last planted tank was awesome! Looking forward to see the 10g

Welcome back! I’m still here but don’t really add much as I only have reef tanks currently and 98% of the forum is fw but your last planted tank was awesome! Looking forward to see the 10g

Good to be back my friend!

I am in temporary housing atm so small tank is all I can really manage. The housing market is a mess right now so I am waiting a little longer before buying. When I do however, I will be building a fish room of epic proportions! I WILL be back to SW reefs for sure!

Yeah man! We bought a house a couple years ago when it was pretty good right before it all went to crud. I just have this little nano now but a 150-200 gallon tank is in the works for 2023 or 2024. Will probably start compiling equipment next year. I do kinda miss having a fresh tank, so much less headache lol. And so much cheaper.

Wow, bribo, what would you put in such a huge tank? Don’t forget to check Craig’s and the local Facebook groups for used tanks, equipment and even fish. I found some great bargains there.

Back
Top Bottom